Town Council Regular Meeting
South Bethany, Delaware
Audio Recording of the October 9, 2020, Town Council Regular Meeting – Click or Tap Here – This audio recording is posted as a courtesy to the public. Official meeting minutes and audio of all meetings are maintained at Town Hall and are available for review by the public by FOIA request.
Click or tap to open the following PDFs:
This meeting will be conducted electronically pursuant to Governor Carney’s State of Emergency declaration, effective March 13, 2020, as amended. Town Hall is closed to the public.
Electronic information necessary for participation:
Dial in using your phone
United States (Toll Free): 1-877-309-2073
Access Code: 433-339-893
1. Meeting Called to Order
A. Announcement of Absences
2. Adoption of Minutes
A. September 11, 2020, Town Council Regular Meeting
B. September 24, 2020, Town Council Workshop Meeting
3. First Reading of Ordinance 200-20 to amend the Code of the Town of South Bethany by adding a new chapter, to be entitled “Concessions and Concessionaires”
4. Discussion and possible vote on a budget amendment to reallocate unassigned and unaudited funds for decorative light poles on Route 1
5. Leadership Reports – Posted online. No reports will be given at the meeting.
A. Mayor’s Report
B. Town Manager’s Report
C. Treasurer’s Report
6. Committee and Commission Reports – Posted online. No reports will be given at the meeting.
A. Budget and Finance Committee
B. Canal Water Quality Committee
C. Charter and Code Committee
D. Communications and Public Relations Committee
E. Community Enhancement Committee
F. FEMA Ad Hoc Committee
7. Public Comment (3-minute limit per speaker)
8. Motion to go into Executive Session
9. Executive Session
A. To discuss the qualifications of an individual applicant for an open full-time police officer position. 29 DEL. C. 10004(b)(1)
B. Strategy session, and discussion of documents excluded from the definition of “public records”, with respect to contract negotiations 29 Del. C. § 10004(b)(4); (b)(6).
10. Motion to exit Executive Session and reconvene the Town Council Regular Meeting
11. Discussion and possible vote(s) on items discussed in Executive Session
Note: The agenda items, as listed, may not be considered in sequence. This agenda is subject to change to include additional items including executive sessions or the deletion of items including executive sessions which arise at the time of the meeting. 29 Del.C § 10004(e)(2)