Delaware Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
The Act (29 Del. Code, Chapter 100) establishes that “it is vital in a democratic society that public business be performed in an open and public manner” and that “it is vital that citizens have easy access to public records in order that the society remain free and democratic.”
The Town of South Bethany FOIA fees are as follows:
- First 20 pages & first hour search for documents: FREE
- Over 20 B&W pages for 8.5”x11,” 8.5”x14”, and 11×17” sized paper: $0.10/pg. ($0.20 for a double-sided sheet)
- B&W pages larger than 11×17”: 18” x 22”: $2.00 per sheet; 24”x 36”: $3.00 per sheet; documents larger than 24” x 36”: $1.00 per square foot
- Color copies/printouts: An additional charge of $1.00 per sheet will be assessed for all color copies or printouts for standard-sized copies (8.5” x 11”, 8.5” x 14”, and 11” x 17”) and $1.50 per sheet for larger copies
- Staff time to fulfill FOIA requests after first hour (this will be in addition to any duplicating/copying charges): $20.00/hour
To learn more about FOIA and how it works, please click here. Fill out and submit the fields below to submit a FOIA request.
NOTICE: Under Delaware’s Freedom of Information Act, 29 Del. C. §§ 10001-10006 (“FOIA”), a FOIA request or petition, along with any information contained therein or any documents attached thereto, submitted to any “public body” subject to FOIA, including, without limitation, any board, bureau, commission, department, agency or committee of the State, may itself be deemed a “public record” subject to disclosure under FOIA.