Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Ad hoc Committee
Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Committee (B&PSC)
Chair, Edie Dondero
The purpose of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Committee (B&PSC) is to provide advice and assistance to the Town Council regarding bicycle and pedestrian safety issues in South Bethany.
Scope of Work
- Research and evaluate bicycle and pedestrian safety conditions and practices in Town; identify issues; and make recommendations for improvement to the Town Council.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with the South Bethany Police Department to enhance bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Develop public education information resources—such as safety tips for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians—for Council consideration.
- Develop a communication strategy and procedures to keep citizens informed about current and future projects and plans for their biking and walking safety.
- Research and evaluate bicycle and pedestrian safety practices in other towns and new technologies that might enhance public safety in South Bethany.
Edie Dondero, Chair
Dick Oliver, non-voting member
Robert Shields, Jr