Town Council Meeting
402 Evergreen Road
South Bethany, Delaware
Click or tap to open the following PDFs:
1. Meeting Called to Order (Mayor Saxton)
A. Call to Order by the Mayor
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
C. Announcement of Absences and Participation by Remote Access
2. Motion to go into Executive Session
3. Executive session for purposes of: Discussion of an individual citizen’s qualifications to hold a job or pursue training unless the citizen requests that such a meeting be open. 29 Del. C. §10004(b) (1) and;
Discussion of the content of documents, excluded from the definition of “public record” in § 10002 of this title where such discussion may disclose the contents of such documents. 29 Del. C. §10004(b) (6).
4. Motion to exit Executive Session
5. Discussion and possible vote(s) on action items
6. Adoption of Minutes – December 14, 2018, Town Council Regular Meeting
7. Discussion and vote on approving the submittal of an applicant to the Police Academy
8. Budget Amendment(s) to move approximately $15,817 funds from the ARM to Operating (DPS) – Computer Maintenance Repair line item to cover expense of repair of Digital Evidence Server equipment.
9. Discussion and possible vote on a Pay Plan and Rank Structure for the Police Department.
10. Administrative Matters
A. Discussion and possible vote on the approval of the 2019 Board of Election
B. Discussion and possible vote on the approval of the 2019 Election Worker
A. First Reading of Ordinance 194-19, to amend the Code of the Town of South Bethany Chapter 94, Parking, §§ 94-6 and 94-7 to end the Town’s dual system permits, eliminate nontransferable permits and transferable permits and set up one type of residential permit, and include obtaining parking permits online through the South Bethany website.
12. Discussion and possible vote to disband the Beach Access Improvement Ad Hoc Committee and the Long Range Planning Ad Hoc Committee.
13. Leadership Reports
A. Mayor’s Report (Tim Saxton)
B. Town Manager’s Report (Maureen Hartman)
C. Treasurer’s Report (Don Boteler)
D. Police Department Report (Chief Crowson)
14. Committee and Commission Reports
A. Budget and Finance Committee (Don Boteler)
B. Canal Water Quality Committee (Frank Weisgerber)
C. Charter and Code Committee (Jimmy Oliver)
D. Communications and Public Relations Committee (Carol Stevenson)
E. Community Enhancement Committee (Sue Callaway)
15. Public Comment (3-minute limit per speaker)